From Michael Brooks <mich...@michaelbrooks.ca>
Subject Re: IRC Channels
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2011 17:27:49 GMT
I've been reading through the Freenode Philosophy and Channel Guidelines
[1].

As a heads up, I'll be adding the dev team to the ACCESS list but DEOP'ing
everyone. Whenever you need OP status (e.g. setting the topic), then you
can grant yourself OP status and DEOP afterwards. Freenode recommends this
in order to remove social hierarchy from the channel.

Once added to the ACCESS list you can...

Grant yourself OP status with:
/msg ChanServ OP #phonegap-dev mwbrooks

Remove OP status with:
/msg ChanServ DEOP #phonegap-dev mwbrooks

[1] http://freenode.net/channel_guidelines.shtml

Michael