From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [proposal] Moving to Git
Date Sun, 27 Nov 2011 10:37:36 GMT
Hi,

+1 Great idea, thanks for pushing this!

At first, when it became clear how disruptive the switch to svn would be, I
considered it best overall to postpone the migration to Apache infra, but
it's obviously better if there's a chance for us to actively help move
things forward. And as you say the experience of the Callback team would
likely help also the ASF in general.

I'm also able and willing to help with any required backend stuff.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

On Nov 26, 2011 11:13 PM, "Ross Gardler" <rgardler@opendirective.com> wrote:

> As some here may know, the ASF has been preparing to roll Git out to all
> projects that want it. This work had been non-trivial, the infrastructure
> team have been working on the technical issues since committing to it at
> ApacheCon in 2010 (and before that they had to figure out what the real
> issues were).
>
> This work has led to the trial in CouchDB. This trial is designed to a)
> test the technical solutions in a working project and b) educate people
> like me who have no experience of working with Git in a community project.
>
> Since becoming aware of this projects desire to "wait it out" before
moving
> to the ASF I have been seeing if there is any way of making this happen
> sooner rather than later.
>
> For example, on the infrastructure list I said:
>
> "They (PhoneGap/Callback) have an existing GitHub based community and are
> well respected project in their own right. The nature of their project
> means that SVN is sub-optimal for reasons we don't hear in the typical
Git Vs