From Bryce Curtis <br...@curtiscountry.com>
Subject Re: menubutton event
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2011 19:41:26 GMT
I've been looking at plugins implementing more than just the IPlugin
class, and this might be a good way to handle a menu plugin.  A IMenu
interface can be defined that has all of the menu methods that an
Activity uses.  DroidGap can be updated as your pull request suggests
to override the menu methods and pass to the plugins that implement
IMenu interface.  This has the advantage that it doesn't add
special-purpose methods to the IPlugin interface that only one plugin
will ever use, yet it allows a plugin to implement just about any
functionality.

A second possible solution is to use the onMessage(string, object)
recently added to IPlugin.  DroidGap could call
onMessage("onCreateOptionsMenu", Menu).  The plugin could then fill
out the menu object.  Now that I think about it, this option would be
the easiest to support with minimal changes - only hooks in DroidGap
to override menu methods and a menu plugin.

Bryce