From Andrew Savory <asav...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 1.3 release mid dec
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2011 12:12:03 GMT
Hi,

On 22 November 2011 23:45, Ross Gardler <rgardler@opendirective.com> wrote:

> On 22 November 2011 23:22, Shazron <shazron@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Clarification -  "non Apache releases" should NOT contain the Apache
> > 2.0 LICENSE and NOTICE files, as well as Apache src headers, correct?
>
> There can be no mention of The Apache Software Foundation in a release
> that is not an Apache release. You can start applying the licence, but
> it won't say it is copyright ASF. Similarly, you can work on the
> LICENCE and NOTICE files to ensure they conform to ASF policy, but
> they cannot give the impression it is an ASF release.
>
> In short you will be doing a PhoneGap/Callback/Cordova/Foo release
> with no mention of Apache.

I hate to add to the git vs. svn discussion, but it feels like the issue of
RCS is becoming a blocker to the transition to Apache-style releases and
the renaming process, and it might be worth the Callback community
considering an interim solution that allows the migration to continue.

Back in October we were looking at 1.2 being the 'flush the queue' release
prior to renaming and licensing work taking place (
http://apache.markmail.org/thread/lsld3f2txxk2hmri#query:+page:1+mid:tvj7q3ajepb4xrpi+state:results);
we're now discussing a December 1.3 release, and possibly further
releases, without this step.

It would be good to think about a finite timeline and workarounds that
allow the project to continue with minimal community disruption and
maintaining momentum (other than 'wait for CouchDB git experiment to
complete').

Thanks,

Andrew.
--