From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: board report help
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2011 13:38:27 GMT
On 30 November 2011 09:10, Andrew Savory <asavory@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> On 28 November 2011 22:57, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:
>

>>  I did a practice run November board report here:
>> https://github.com/callback/apache-board-reports ...I'm looking for
>> feedback for the next one.
>>
>> From what I'm reading the latest they can be delivered is the 15th but
>> custom is the 1st of the month --- is that correct?
>>

> The report needs to be submitted at least 48 hours prior to the board
> meeting. In practice, they seem to dribble in two to three days before the
> board, though some PMCs are later and some are much earlier.

That's all changing this month. The new model is:

Podling reports at the start of the month (remember mentors need to
have time to sign off on them)
TLP reports the friday before the meeting

Podling reports are earlier because the IPMC needs time to review them.

> See http://community.apache.org/boardreport.html and
> http://apache.org/foundation/board/reporting for further details.

The main mistake podlings make is to focus too much on technical
isseus. The board is not interested in technical issues, that's up to
the project. The board wants to know about community issues and any
infrastructure requirements that the project has. We should also
address things like IP issues we face etc.

Ross

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)