From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Plans for migrating to SVN?
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 22:04:09 GMT
On Nov 17, 2011 8:58 PM, "Matt Kane" <ascorbic@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 17/11/11 17:43, Ross Gardler wrote:
>>
>> No, they cannot be pushed to anywhere other than ASF hardware. That is
the
>> point. It does matter.
>>
>> Ross
>

> I think you misunderstand me. I meant that for the individual developers
it doesn't matter. We can maintain our own working forks however we want,
Github or otherwise, but we push the canonical version to ASF before
release.

The devil is in the detail. Pushing infrequently prior to a release is not
a good way to collaboratively develop open source. Pushing frequently is
fine. These are the kinds of details I want to see expanded.

Ross