From Gord Tanner <g...@tinyhippos.com>
Subject Re: Unified phonegap javascript layer incorperating modules / plugins
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2011 16:47:29 GMT
I would also love to see an AMD module example, in fact you can see that I
am basically using a define statement in the build script:
https://github.com/gtanner/phonegap/blob/master/Jakefile#L50-51

We have the luxury of having a compile step for PhoneGap which allows us to
use the CommonJS approach and syntax without really worrying about sync vrs
async loading or the other weird problems attempting to handle CommonJS
modules the browser brings.

The main reason I have used CommonJS in this project and in the past is the
ability to run unit tests in nodeJS.  This was an amazing boost in
development time for Ripple and just felt nice to develop in.  Also it
feels like CommonJS is the way Harmony is headed and the optimism of "it
will all just work" is a powerful driver for my choice.

--
Gord Tanner
Senior Developer / Code Poet