From Brian LeRoux...@brian.io>
Subject Re: Unified phonegap javascript layer incorperating modules / plugins
Date Sun, 20 Nov 2011 20:24:35 GMT
Would like to draw attention back to the primary goal here: a single
file phonegap.js that works on all the target platforms:

- ios
- android
- blackberry
- wp7
- bada
- qt
- browser <--- never been an explicit goal, but seems consensus here
is that it should be given its a common practice during app dev

Right now our module system is classic js: we have no module loader.
=P We just concat our JS, always have, and leave the loading of that
file as an exercise for the app developer using phonegap (and it
should stay that way).

Our secondary goal w/ this effort was to determine how we could move
code out of the phonegap core and into atomic plugins. With that mind,
a module system is could make things whole lot nicer.

Do have to use a module system when we 'pluginize'? No.

Here's the big question: *should* authors of plugins be forced into a
module system? I'm thinking the answer here would be no too ---- but
I'd love to hear everyones thoughts on that.