From Brian LeRoux...@brian.io>
Subject Re: Unified phonegap javascript layer incorperating modules / plugins
Date Sat, 19 Nov 2011 05:28:12 GMT
>> - better performance
>> - better aesthetics
>> - closer to the future
>>
> "closer to the future" is factually incorrect. The other two are unqualified
> assertions.

Wow, nothing like nuanced debate on semantics pretending to be
academic. You say I don't qualify my statements but provide no
evidence of your own. Look forward to seeing the code. I agree its
*possible* to write something that has less footprint, and said as
much, but the semantics of AMD are read/writ in a more involved
fashion for the end developer than a simple exports object.

As to the Harmony compat, that was from a brendan eich talk (that we
both attended btw). It was a goal which maybe changed but thats not
the point. The syntax for CommonJS is closer than the ceremony we see
in AMD which was why I said there will be changes. I suppose that
wasn't clear enough.

Anyhow, none of this matters until we see the proposal in code form.
Right now we're debating aesthetics and developer ergonomics which
always sounds abjectly religious.