From Brian LeRoux...@brian.io>
Subject Re: Change to Plugins introduced in Android
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2011 08:41:48 GMT
Seems very sensible to me.

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 9:30 AM, Filip Maj <fil@adobe.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> A while ago an issue came up on IRC regarding Media: if a phone received a phone call
while a PhoneGap - er – Callback app was playing media, it wouldn't stop the media so you
had music or whatever playing in the background during your phone call. Not ideal :)

> I filed a bug for this on Android and Bryce slayed it, of course, but also came up with
a pretty elegant solution to it. I would recommend the whole team check it out:

> https://github.com/callback/callback-android/commit/0bbcf5cfd2349801d00e067424a66fa1086103ea
>
> Plugins now can handle an onMessage event and can also broadcast a message to all other
plugins. For example, on Android, a "telephony receiver" is registered on the app and when
a phone call comes in or is hung up, a message is broadcast to all other plugins. The audio
handler plugin will pause and resume all streams as phone calls come in / get hung up. Pretty
nice!

> A side effect for this latest commit is that the network plugin uses this approach to
broadcast going online/offline to other plugins. Currently not used by other plugins but may
be useful down the road.

> The reason I'm posting this is because we want to keep our plugin interfaces aligned
across platforms. It would be great if the other platforms implemented this as well. Also
would love to hear what the rest of the team thinks of this change.