From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CLAs for GitHub phonegap/phonegap-plugins?
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2011 01:18:26 GMT
On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 19:51, Ross Gardler <rgardler@opendirective.com> wrote:
> On 28 November 2011 19:32, Simon MacDonald <simon.macdonald@gmail.com> wrote:
>> We've never required folks to sign a CLA for the plugins repo. In some
>> cases I can definitely see where we might want this.
>
> Is this a repo that you plan to bring into the ASF or will it be
> non-official contributed materials housed outside the ASF?

I suspect it will be a lot of work to deal with the existing
phonegap-plugins repository, given the wild west nature of it (a lot
of contributors, no CLAs in place, etc).  So I think this answer is
"there is no plan to bring it into the ASF".

I could see us having an official Apache version of something like the
current phonegap-plugins repo, as a sort of an "incubator" for future
"official" plugins.  With proper CLAs, committers, workflows, etc.
Something to think about ... later.  :-)

--
Patrick Mueller
http://muellerware.org