From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: finding a new name that isn't PhoneGap
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 19:56:27 GMT
On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 14:52, Laurent Hasson <lhasson@rim.com> wrote:

> I personally like more generic and unique names that aren't tied to a
> particular technology at all (i.e., Tomcat). Not only does technology move
> fast, but it's also better from a Web search point of view. The brand will
> build on it by itself as we deliver a great solution (look at "Amazon"
> starting as a book store and evolving to what it is now).

+1

In that light, cordova seems like the best name to me.  Googling it, I saw
the github repo of Brian's as the first hit on the second page of hits; but
that's just me and my browser.  Also, there's this (luckily, different
spelling): http://youtu.be/vIL3fbGbU2o .  You can just smell that
Corinthian Leather.

I know the name "WebKeg" was tossed around, but was that a joke?  On one
hand, it implies "lots of beer" to me, which is perhaps not a great
association.  On the other hand, I'm reminded of the Big Keg o' Health from
Unreal Tournament (some version before most of you were born, prolly).  I
could see a barrel busting out with awesome as a neat "logo" image.  I like
"web" in the name, compared to "device", since this project is more about
exploiting web technologies rather than just devices - there are the
"desktop" versions of the runtime to consider as well.

--
Patrick Mueller
http://muellerware.org