From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject weinre bug for debug.phonegap.com folks
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2011 17:17:02 GMT
The following bug isn't actually related to weinre, but to
debug.phonegap.com (custom initial page).  Since I'm closing bugs in
phonegap/weinre, this bug is going to disappear, and I'm obviously not
going to recreate it at Apache.  Thought the debug.phonegap.com folks
would to have the content here for legacy.posterity.

The one thing I will mention in regard to the weinre project, is that
I'd love to entertain the idea of programmable custom initial pages.
Open a bug :-)

-----snip-----

isuhendro opened this issue August 23, 2011

Weinre in phonegap -- is always having anonymous

Hi,

It seems the id inside the textbox (http://debug.phonegap.com/) is
always anonymous... does it mean random generation does not work?

Thanks,
iwan

davejohnson commented August 23, 2011

If you are using build.phonegap.com the id will be set for you.

isuhendro commented August 23, 2011

thanks Dave fyi.
It looks cool, i will try that

Best regards,
iwan

pmuellr commented August 23, 2011

Couple of things that could be useful:

If the page is loaded with a hash, like http://debug.phonegap.com/#foo
, would be nice to have "foo" preloaded in the guid field. It's
already actually set in the various URLs, just not the text field.

If you arrive without a hash, then lookup the previously used value,
which we will start saving in localStorage.

If you arrive without a hash and there's no cached value, generate a random #.

davejohnson commented August 23, 2011

I can hook that up.

--
Patrick Mueller