From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Source import and github.com/callback
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2011 14:52:37 GMT
Hi,

To recap some of Friday's call, there was quite a bit of opposition to
the idea of moving canonical source tree to Subversion, even with the
git-svn bridge that's currently available.

So we came up with the alternative plan of sticking with Git and
Github until the ongoing Git experiment at Apache CouchDB completes
and Git hosting is opened also to other Apache projects. As discussed,
there is currently no guarantee of when or even if this is going to
happen, which will be a blocker for our progress through Incubator.
Most notably it is impossible for Apache Callback to make an official
Apache release or graduate from the Incubator before all development
work has migrated to Apache infrastructure.

With that limitation in mind we discussed setting up a new Github
organization at github.com/callback for hosting the source
repositories and active development for the time being. There's
precedent within the Incubator of at times extended use of external
project resources until the migration to Apache infrastructure can be
completed.

Brian already set up the organization, and the idea was that everyone
on the Callback PPMC should be given full access to the resource. I
see the codebases are already being moved over.

BR,

Jukka Zitting