From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: weinre - jira, versions, etc
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2011 17:27:06 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 6:47 PM, Patrick Mueller <pmuellr@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 12:40, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com>wrote:
>> Separate repository (or in svn a separate folder with its own
>> {trunk,branches,tags} structure) is the best solution for a codebase
>> with it's own release cycle. That way you don't have to worry about
>> the tags of more than one release cycles colliding.
>
> OK, why don't we shoot for that direction, independent of how the existing
> runtimes are to be partitioned (and which SCM!).

Sounds good.

> And then, I guess we want to create a new Jira project for weinre.  The
> current Jira for Callback seems to be here:
>
>    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB
>
> and named "Apache Callback".
>
> Should we use "Apache Callback weinre" /
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-weinre ??

How about simply "Apache Weinre" (or "Apache weinre"?) and put the
issue tracker at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WEINRE?

It's OK for an Apache project to maintain multiple codebases with
different names. Some of them use the "Apache <Project> <Codebase>"
naming scheme, but it's also OK (and IMHO simpler) to name them
"Apache <Codebase>".

The main issue for projects with multiple codebases is just to make
sure that the entire PMC feels responsible for and can maintain
oversight over all the codebases of the project.

BR,

Jukka Zitting