From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: weinre - jira, versions, etc
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2011 11:12:16 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 11:54 AM, Patrick Mueller <pmuellr@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm actually fond of the non-cap version of the name (weinre) vs the
> first-cap version, but that doesn't seem to be the norm at Apache - I can
> live with calling it Apache Weinre for titling purposes or whatever.

Non-cap version should be just fine. See [1] for a wide range of
Apache names with all kinds of capitalization practices.

> We don't have a PMC yet, right?

Right. An incubating project has a Podling Project Management
Committee (PPMC), composed of project committers and mentors, that for
most purposes functions pretty much like a normal PMC should. See [2]
for the full details.

> So, for right now, if all the committers are fine with it, good enough?

Yep. Unless anyone objects I assume we have lazy consensus on this.

[1] http://projects.apache.org/indexes/alpha.html
[2] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html

BR,

Jukka Zitting