From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: weinre - jira, versions, etc
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 13:53:22 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 3:26 PM, Patrick Mueller <pmuellr@gmail.com> wrote:
> - I just added a "weinre" Component for Callback's jira - I assume that's
> ok.

Sure.

> - I suppose that weinre should ship at the same time as the rest of
> Callback; the PhoneGap releases, as of late, have been more frequent than
> weinre's, so that works for me - I'd be concerned if it wasn't so frequent.

Either way is fine; shipping weinre with the rest of Callback or
shipping it separately. There are plenty of Apache projects with
multiple separate codebases that follow their own release schedules.

Note that the release schedule has some effect on how to best track
issues for a codebase. If we release weinre together with the rest of
Callback, then having it as a component of the CB project in Jira is
the right solution. Otherwise, if weinre would follow its own release
schedule, having a separate WEINRE project in Jira would be easier.

> - I suppose weinre should follow the same version # as the rest of Callback;
> unfortunately, I'm way ahead - weinre 1.5 is the current version shipping.
>  Guess that means the first release of Callback will need to be 1.6 or 2.0.
>  :-)  Srsly, I suppose I can downgrade the weinre version, and I'll add a
> date where humans can see it so they realize it's current-ish.

In any case it might be a good idea to start Callback version numbers
at 2.0, especially if there'll be some renaming of APIs form PhoneGap
to Callback.

> - Still not completely clear if I can reship the weinre blob with it's
> WebKit-y bits and such from apache; I have some homework to do there.  There
> will always be a lingering issue of LGPL code making it's way into the
> WebKit Web Inspector code I reship (today it's all BSD), which kinda throws
> a wrench into the gears.

I guess we should be able to work out how to handle that.

BR,

Jukka Zitting