From Brian LeRoux...@brian.io>
Subject Re: Plugins
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 14:32:36 GMT
Hey Matt, by design --- we have no verified the plugins IP w/ a CLA.
(Its a free-for-all.)

We plan to formalize plugins much more in the coming months. Roughly,
we require:

- agreed upon package format
- validation of said packages
- installation / removal
- discovery of plugins via a cli (something like maven, gems, pip,
deb, yum or npm)

The idea is that you could compose your own Apache Callback.

We foresee of three kinds of plugin:

- core (stuff we maintain / the core PhoneGap API today)
- more (stuff we verify and possibly maintain from trusted sources
like, say, adobe or facebook or something)
- community (wild west)

Plugins have obviously been a huge success. We're going to continue
making them better.