From Matthew Schulkind <mschulk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: new iOS command queue may have broken innerHTML fix
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2011 20:38:52 GMT
Here's what I've done to phonegap:
https://github.com/mschulkind/phonegap-iphone/tree/spidermonkey

I'm using iMonkey for the SpiderMonkey port:
https://github.com/couchbaselabs/iMonkey
Right now, I can only get iMonkey working on the device, not the simulator,
but I'm sure it's possible with some work. It just crashes without a good
stack trace on the simulator.

Here's the glue code that I've written so far:
https://github.com/mschulkind/sm-bridge
It would take a little work to integrate this into your own stuff, but
should give you a pretty good idea of what's going on.

SpiderMonkey is purely a JS environment, so it doesn't have DOM etc. and
you'll see that I rewrote the Interval/Timeout stuff as well as some event
stuff, and I had to write an HTTP plugin since there's no XHR built in
either.

All that said, the main challenge for using this for Callback in general is
that there's no HTML type display, and the only HTML display that Apple
allows is UIWebView, so I'm not sure how you'd use this on a Callback
project that does the typical HTML5/CSS approach.