From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Orientation Interface
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2011 11:11:11 GMT
On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 01:51, Viras <viras@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Most probably providing a another function for forcing an orientation
> would help to solve that problem. So setting "allowed" orientations does
> nothing but affect future orientation changes, whereas forcing an
> orientation does it right now.

That sounds good.  That means we don't have to describe one of the "allowed"
orientations as "the one that will be forced right now", even though
presumably it would be the first listed.  It also gives us more wiggle room,
perhaps allowing platforms to support "allowed" rotations without supporting
"force it right now" rotations.  Easier to describe the platform deviations
that way - the function works or doesn't, not half-way.  It also means we
can have a corresponding getter, to get the current orientation, keeping
everything simple and symmetric.

// get the current rotation, returns 0|90|...
CB.rotation.current()

// set the current rotation, value is 0|90|...
CB.rotation.current(value)

// get the current allowed rotations, returns array of 0|90|...
CB.rotation.allowed()

// set the current allowed rotations, value is array of 0|90|...
CB.rotation.allowed(value)

--
Patrick Mueller
http://muellerware.org