From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject weinre - jira, versions, etc
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 13:26:15 GMT
Couple things about weinre @ Callback

- I just added a "weinre" Component for Callback's jira - I assume that's
ok.

- I suppose that weinre should ship at the same time as the rest of
Callback; the PhoneGap releases, as of late, have been more frequent than
weinre's, so that works for me - I'd be concerned if it wasn't so frequent.

- I suppose weinre should follow the same version # as the rest of Callback;
unfortunately, I'm way ahead - weinre 1.5 is the current version shipping.
 Guess that means the first release of Callback will need to be 1.6 or 2.0.
 :-)  Srsly, I suppose I can downgrade the weinre version, and I'll add a
date where humans can see it so they realize it's current-ish.

- Or are there other options here?

- Probably should still have a way of shipping a point release out-of-band
from the rest of Callback, if some horrible error needs to be fixed.

- Still not completely clear if I can reship the weinre blob with it's
WebKit-y bits and such from apache; I have some homework to do there.  There
will always be a lingering issue of LGPL code making it's way into the
WebKit Web Inspector code I reship (today it's all BSD), which kinda throws
a wrench into the gears.

--
Patrick Mueller
http://muellerware.org