From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: weinre - jira, versions, etc
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 16:47:49 GMT
On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 12:40, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 6:37 PM, Patrick Mueller <pmuellr@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > How do multiple codebases in a single project work w/r/t SCM?
> > Same repo, or do projects use multiple repos?
>
> Separate repository (or in svn a separate folder with its own
> {trunk,branches,tags} structure) is the best solution for a codebase
> with it's own release cycle. That way you don't have to worry about
> the tags of more than one release cycles colliding.

OK, why don't we shoot for that direction, independent of how the existing
runtimes are to be partitioned (and which SCM!).

And then, I guess we want to create a new Jira project for weinre.  The
current Jira for Callback seems to be here:

    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB

and named "Apache Callback".

Should we use "Apache Callback weinre" /
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-weinre ??

--
Patrick Mueller
http://muellerware.org