From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: weinre - jira, versions, etc
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 16:37:41 GMT
On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 09:53, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com>wrote:

> > - I suppose that weinre should ship at the same time as the rest of
> > Callback; the PhoneGap releases, as of late, have been more frequent than
> > weinre's, so that works for me - I'd be concerned if it wasn't so
> frequent.
>
> Either way is fine; shipping weinre with the rest of Callback or
> shipping it separately. There are plenty of Apache projects with
> multiple separate codebases that follow their own release schedules.
>
> Note that the release schedule has some effect on how to best track
> issues for a codebase. If we release weinre together with the rest of
> Callback, then having it as a component of the CB project in Jira is
> the right solution. Otherwise, if weinre would follow its own release
> schedule, having a separate WEINRE project in Jira would be easier.

How do multiple codebases in a single project work w/r/t SCM?  Same repo, or
do projects use multiple repos?  It probably makes the most sense for weinre
to be separate from the phonegap runtime library bits, meaning a separate
Jira project, and then I would assume a separate repo as well.  We might
well have more of these "not part of the runtime" projects in the future, I
guess.

--
Patrick Mueller
http://muellerware.org