From Becky Gibson <gibson.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: new iOS command queue may have broken innerHTML fix
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 21:46:35 GMT
On further testing it only seems to be happening on iOS 5 devices.  Has anyone else seen this?
 Thus, it probably isn't related to the changes to queuing commands.   But, is certainly driving
me crazy!
-becky

or Shaz implemented this type of fix in PhoneGap:  http://blog.techno-barje.fr/post/2010/10/06/UIWebView-secrets-part3-How-to-properly-call-ObjectiveC-from-Javascript.

> However, I think our new queuing mechanism may have broken that.  We do create an iframe
and set gap://"ready" to trigger reading the commands from the queue. However, we always use
the same iframe and don't delete and recreate it.  I'm not sure if that is the problem or
if it is because we are now "pulling" the commands from objective-C rather than "pushing"
them in through the iframe.src.

> This bit me because I thought some of my functionality wasn't working.  In cases where
I was using innerHTML to write to the page in my success callback I was seeing nothing.
I had to debug to see that my methods were in fact returning success (and a well placed alert
in the callback helped as well).