From Becky Gibson <>
Subject new iOS command queue may have broken innerHTML fix
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 20:51:01 GMT
The notorious Mobile Safari innerHTML bug seems to be rearing its ugly head again.  Jesse or
Shaz implemented this type of fix in PhoneGap:

However, I think our new queuing mechanism may have broken that.  We do create an iframe and
set gap://"ready" to trigger reading the commands from the queue. However, we always use the
same iframe and don't delete and recreate it.  I'm not sure if that is the problem or if it
is because we are now "pulling" the commands from objective-C rather than "pushing" them in
through the iframe.src.

This bit me because I thought some of my functionality wasn't working.  In cases where I was
using innerHTML to write to the page in my success callback I was seeing nothing.   I had
to debug to see that my methods were in fact returning success (and a well placed alert in
the callback helped as well).

We really need those automated UI tests to try and catch stuff like this.