incubator-bval-user mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Regarding using or debugging BeanValidator
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 10:19:12 GMT
hi Ankur!

You can basically validate any POJO which has a JSR-303 annotation on it.
Prominent examples of that being JPA entities, JSF backing beans, etc.

For getting into it I suggest to first checkout the sources

$> svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/bval/trunk bval

Now build it with maven [1] by simply going into 'cd bval' and invoking

$> mvn clean install

Voila! You now have a self compiled bval-0.3-incubating-SNAPSHOT in your local ~/.m2/repository/...

As examples for beans which get validated please see the classes in
./bval-jsr303/src/test/java/org/apache/bval/jsr303/example/

Feel free to ping us back if you need more or have any detailed questions!

LieGrue,
strub

[1] http://maven.apache.org