incubator-bval-user mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Dynamically applied constraints
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2010 10:06:32 GMT
Hi Matt!

Prelude: The more discussion and different thoughts are brought up early, the better we all
will do in the end. So your valueable input is highly welcome!

For the shadow objects: this is not so easy to accomplish, think about what happens if this
is a deeply nested JPA object which contains lots of 1:n relations which contain themselfs
other relations, etc. Some of them are lazy loaded, some of them eagerly fetched, preloaded,
... An unconditional deep copy might not be possible in this case (or doesn't make sense from
a performance perspective) and a simple toplevel copy might not be enough for some cases.

LieGrue,
strub