From Ravikumar Govindarajan <ravikumar.govindara...@gmail.com>
Subject All Connections Are Bad...
Date Sat, 10 Dec 2016 10:14:34 GMT
Often, I find myself bang in the middle of a query, when BlurClientManager
comes up with this error. Happens both ways. When my app-server talks to
controller-server as well as controller-server talks to shard-server. This
is affecting search experience quite a bit nowadays in production!!

BlurException(message:Unknown error during remote call to node
[AAA.BB.CCC.DD:40020],
stackTraceStr:org.apache.blur.thrift.BadConnectionException: Could not
connect to controller/shard server. All connections are bad. at
org.apache.blur.thrift.BlurClientManager.execute(BlurClientManager.java:243)
at
org.apache.blur.thrift.BlurClientManager.execute(BlurClientManager.java:314)
at
org.apache.blur.thrift.BlurControllerServer$BlurClientRemote$1.call(BlurControllerServer.java:132)
at
org.apache.blur.thrift.BlurControllerServer$BlurClientRemote.execute(BlurControllerServer.java:139)

When do we get such an Exception? In-correct timeout settings or
shard-server restarts etc...

Any help is much appreciated

--
Ravi