From Ravikumar Govindarajan <ravikumar.govindara...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: All Connections Are Bad...
Date Sat, 10 Dec 2016 10:56:08 GMT
Just now tried to understand the logic...

Whenever an IOException/TTransportException is thrown, we mark a Connection
as bad. Slowly when all Connections are greeted by this, we get "All
Connections Bad..."

Is it a good idea to write a reaper thread to proactively try & replenish
the bad Connection, instead of waiting for search to hit it at the wrong
moment?

Also, I just found that "staleness" check is eagerly performed. It should
be possible to return a live connection & refresh stale ones in background?
[*ClientPool.getConnection(Connection conn)*]

--
Ravi

On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 3:44 PM, Ravikumar Govindarajan <