From Ravikumar Govindarajan <ravikumar.govindara...@gmail.com>
Subject Thrift non-blocking server removed?
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2016 09:18:04 GMT
I just saw this commit
https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-blur.git;a=commitdiff;h=5853d86e
where non-blocking server is removed and threaded-server model is used...

Are there any particular reasons for this change?

The reason why I am asking is, we use non-blocking server mode as of today
& frequently see responses from controller side (After collating all query
data from shard-servers etc...) not getting through to the calling VM (Our
app-servers)

We suspect AbstractNonBlockingServer.responseReady() method to be the
culprit but not entirely sure.

May be changing to threaded-thrift servers will do the trick for us.
Anyways, its good to know the actual reason(s) for the change

--
Ravi