From Ravikumar Govindarajan <ravikumar.govindara...@gmail.com>
Subject Blur on SSDs...
Date Fri, 22 May 2015 07:33:58 GMT
Recently I am trying to consider deploying SSDs on search machines

Each machine runs data-nodes + shard-server and local reads of hadoop are
leveraged….

SSDs are a great-fit for general lucene/solr kind of setups. But for blur,
I need some help…

1. Is it a good idea to consider SSDs, especially when block-cache is
present?
2. Are there any grids running blur on SSDs and how they compare to normal
HDDs?
3. Can we disable block-cache on SSDs, especially when local-reads are
enabled?
4. Using SSDs, blur/lucene will surely be CPU bound. But I don't know what
over-heads hadoop local-reads brings to the table…

Any help is much appreciated because I cannot find any info from web on
this topic

--
Ravi