From Dibyendu Bhattacharya <dibyendu.bhattach...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sorting in Apache Blur 0.2.2.
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2014 06:43:50 GMT
Hi,

When I set  "query.setRowQuery(false)"; then I do get the result in sorted
order.. . Sorry I did not check the Row Query to false yesterday...

As I see the documents, I think right now sorting is only supported for
Record Query.. So we are fine now with setting the above boolean flag.

When Row Query is not set to false, then I got following exception..

BlurException(message:Query [Query(query:*, rowQuery:true, scoreType:SUPER,
rowFilter:null, recordFilter:null)] in BlurQuery
[BlurQuery(query:Query(query:*, rowQuery:true, scoreType:SUPER,
rowFilter:null, recordFilter:null), facets:null,
selector:Selector(recordOnly:true, locationId:null, rowId:null,
recordId:null, columnFamiliesToFetch:[revel], columnsToFetch:null,
startRecord:0, maxRecordsToFetch:1000, highlightOptions:null,
orderOfFamiliesToFetch:null), useCacheIfPresent:true, start:0, fetch:100,
minimumNumberOfResults:9223372036854775807,
maxQueryTime:9223372036854775807, uuid:null, userContext:null,
cacheResult:true, startTime:0, sortFields:[SortField(family:revel,
column:timestamp, reverse:true)], rowId:null)] cannot be a rowquery when
sortfields are supplied., stackTraceStr:null, errorType:UNKNOWN)
        at
org.apache.blur.thrift.generated.Blur$query_result$query_resultStandardScheme.read(Blur.java:17790)
        at
org.apache.blur.thrift.generated.Blur$query_result$query_resultStandardScheme.read(Blur.java:1)
        at
org.apache.blur.thrift.generated.Blur$query_result.read(Blur.java:17706)
        at
org.apache.blur.thirdparty.thrift_0_9_0.TServiceClient.receiveBase(TServiceClient.java:78)
        at
org.apache.blur.thrift.generated.Blur$Client.recv_query(Blur.java:959)
        at
org.apache.blur.thrift.generated.SafeClientGen.recv_query(SafeClientGen.java:403)
        at org.apache.blur.thrift.generated.Blur$Client.query(Blur.java:945)
        at
org.apache.blur.thrift.generated.SafeClientGen.query(SafeClientGen.java:221)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.blur.thrift.BlurClient$BlurClientInvocationHandler$1.call(BlurClient.java:60)
        at
org.apache.blur.thrift.BlurClient$BlurClientInvocationHandler$1.call(BlurClient.java:1)
        at
org.apache.blur.thrift.AbstractCommand.call(AbstractCommand.java:62)
        at
org.apache.blur.thrift.BlurClientManager.execute(BlurClientManager.java:192)
        at
org.apache.blur.thrift.BlurClient$BlurClientInvocationHandler.invoke(BlurClient.java:56)
        at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy0.query(Unknown Source)
        at
com.pearson.blur.client.indexer.BlurQueryTest.main(BlurQueryTest.java:107)