From Aaron McCurry <amccu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sorting in Apache Blur 0.2.2.
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2014 15:38:05 GMT
On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 10:19 AM, Dibyendu Bhattacharya <
dibyendu.bhattachary@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Aaron,
>
> I wanted to implement sorting of records during search, but it seems
> sorting feature not working.
>
> This is what I tried.
>
> I defined a Column Definition  as long type and set the sortable as true
> during table creation, and populate the long field with timestamp value
> during indexing.
>
> During query I used ( timestamp is the column name that is sortable)
>
> Query query = new Query();
> query.setQuery(queryString);
>  BlurQuery blurQuery = new BlurQuery();
> blurQuery.setQuery(query);
> blurQuery.setStart(pageSize);
>  blurQuery.setFetch(fetchSize);
> blurQuery.addToSortFields(new SortField("family", "timestamp", true));
>  Selector selector = new Selector();
> selector.setRecordOnly(true);
>  selector.addToColumnFamiliesToFetch("family");
>  blurQuery.setSelector(selector);
>
> results = client.query("table", blurQuery);
>

> But this does not return any result.

What is the result?  An error?  Or 0 results?

Also there can be some confusion about Record and Row query results because
they are stored in two different fields.

http://incubator.apache.org/blur/docs/0.2.2/Blur.html#Struct_FetchResult

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with.  I will rerun some
tests later today to make sure that the feature does in fact work.

Aaron