From Tim Williams <william...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Blue query for exact match
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2014 11:34:47 GMT
On Tue, Dec 31, 2013 at 12:24 AM, Naresh Yadav <nyadav.ait@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi tim,
>
> list of tags is not small, can be really big so i cannot use negate the
> tags approach...Other approach you said is using subfields how to do that
> in blur...My thought on this was to introduce new column Tags which will
> store sorted all tags of that row...So for cases where i need exact match
> then will query on *Tags* column and case where i need partial match of
> tags then will use Tag column..

Your approach is largely the same as the subcolumn approach.
Subcolumns would just allow you to do it without storing the original
value multiple times.  I actually haven't used them, but I reckon it'd
look something like:

ColumnDefinition tags = new ColumnDefinition("fam","tag",null, true,
"text",null);
ColumnDefinition tagsExact = new
ColumnDefinition("fam","tag","exact","false,"string",null);

and querying:
A) fam.tag:Tag1

B) fam.tag.exact:Tag1

Thanks,