From Jonathan Hodges <hodg...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Couple Quick Questions
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2013 18:00:17 GMT
I am a Blur newbie and just heard about it and the recent 0.2 release from
the latest Hadoop Weekly email.  I checked out the site and there is a
great documentation for getting started, but didn't mention a couple
questions I have.

We are running our Hadoop clusters as a mix of persistent and transient EMR
clusters in Amazon.  It is running Hadoop 1.0.3.  We are also using S3
instead of HDFS to store our data.

So does anyone have experience running Blur in an Amazon environment?  Does
S3 vs HDFS present any problems to the Blur architecture?

Thanks in advance!
-Jonathan