From Aaron McCurry <amccu...@gmail.com>
Subject Blur Feature Focus
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2015 14:30:58 GMT
Since Blur was created it has been about big data.  Large indexes, large
clusters, large ingest rates, fast queries, etc.  Over the years features
have been created that add more database like properties.  In concept this
was a good thing, but those decisions have made it difficult to understand
and for Blur to perform well under those database like constraints.

I believe now is the time for the project to regain focus on what it does
well.  I have created some tickets that will begin the transformation into
a more focused project.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BLUR-442
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BLUR-443
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BLUR-444
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BLUR-445
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BLUR-446

I love to hear any feedback on this issues positive or negative.

Thanks!

Aaron