From Aaron McCurry <amccu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Newbie: How can I contribute?
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2015 11:57:08 GMT
Sorry for the slow response.

On Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 11:44 AM, Gunith Devasurendra <gunith@outlook.com>
wrote:

> Hello Aaron,
>
> Thank you for the kind welcome and advice on starting up.
>
> Happy to say that I completed most of the setup steps without a problem.
> The only problem I got is when I was defining and querying. Please find the
> lines of the console as follows,
>
> gunith@gunith-X555LA:~/apps/apache-blur-h.2.6.0.b.0.3.0.incubating-bin/bin$
> ./blur shell
> blur (default)> create -t testtable -c 11 -l hdfs://namenode/data/testtable
> java.net.UnknownHostException: namenode
> blur (default)> create -t testtable -c 11 -l
> hdfs://localhost/data/testtable
> java.net.ConnectException: Call From gunith-X555LA/127.0.1.1 to
> localhost:8020 failed on connection exception: java.net.ConnectException:
> Connection refused; For more details see:
> http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ConnectionRefused

> blur (default)> create -t testtable -c 11 -l file:///data/testtable
> Table [testtable] has already exists.

Looks like you need to delete the table and recreate with just -l
file:///data/testtable.  The "create -t testtable -c 11 -l
hdfs://localhost/data/testtable" likely created the table in ZK but not on
disk and when you ran "create -t testtable -c 11 -l file:///data/testtable"
the table already existed in ZK.

> blur (default)> mutate testtable rowid1 recordid1 fam0 col1:value1
> Shard [shard-00000004] in table [testtable] is not being served by this
> server.
> blur (default)>
> blur (default)>  query testtable fam0.col1:value1

The docs are out of date try "query testtable -query fam0.col1:value1"
instead.

> usage: query <tablename> [<options>]
>  -disableRowQuery               Disables row query. (Enabled by default)
>  -facet <facet>                 Specify facet to be executed with this
>                                 query.
>  -fetch <fetch>                 Specify the number of elements to fetch in
>                                 a single page.
>  -h                             Displays help for this command.
>  -max <max>                     Specify the maximum amount of time to
>                                 allow query to execute.
>  -min <min>                     Specify the minimum number of results
>                                 required before returning from query.
>  -query <arg>                   * Query string.
>  -recordFilter <recordFilter>   Specify record filter.
>  -rowFilter <rowFilter>         Specify row filter.
>  -rowId <rowId>                 Specify the rowId to execute the query
>                                 against (this reduces the spray to other
>                                 shards).
>  -scoreType <scoreType>         Specify the scoring type.
>  -sort <sort>                   Specify a sort to be applied to this query
>  -start <start>                 Specify the starting position (paging).
>  -width <width>                 Specify max column width for display.
> blur (default)>
>
> Any idea as to what am doing wrong?
>
> Also, another thing: I tried to open the project on Eclipse (as a Maven
> project with profile 'binary'), but some of the Hadoop imports show as
> missing classes. What IDE do you guys use? If it's Eclipse, am I missing a
> step in creating the project?

Some of the projects do not contain java classes.  There are some that
simply assembly the projects into tars or parcels.  The distribution-src,
distribution-bin, cdh-parcel fall into this category.

Thanks,

Aaron