From rahul challapalli <challapallira...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache Drill : lucene format plugin
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2015 20:55:28 GMT
Hi,

I am writing a lucene format plugin for Apache Drill. Once this is
in-place, we can extend it to run sql queries on top of blur tables from
Apache Drill. Below are 2 problems I am trying to resolve. I posted it to
the lucene dev list but did not receive any response. Trying it out here :)

1. Creating individual segment readers : Currently I am using the below
code to create segment readers. I am trying to find out the minimum
information that I need to serialize so that I can create a specific
SegmentReader? I am trying to avoid serializing a lot of low-level state
information or creating all segment readers every where

segmentInfos = SegmentInfos.readLatestCommit(FSDirectory.open(Paths.get(selectionRoot)));
segmentsFilename = segmentInfos.getSegmentsFileName();
segmentReaders = new ArrayList<SegmentReader>();
for (SegmentCommitInfo sci : segmentInfos.asList()) {
  segmentReaders.add(new SegmentReader(sci, IOContext.READ));
}

2. Serializing lucene query object : I translated the sql filter condition
into a lucene query object(partly done). Now I am trying to serialize the
lucene query object into a string and then de-serialize it back *without
analyzing* the serialized string representation. Any pointers on this part?

Any help is greatly appreciated

- Rahul