From Andrew <andrew...@gmail.com>
Subject Trying to use HighlightOptions with search and fetch
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2015 19:39:34 GMT
I'm attempting to implement search result highlighting and I'm running into
some problems.

Every time I ask blur to highlight the search results, I get back rows with
0 records. Same with fetching.

I have figured out what the problem is, but I don't have a solution.

Background:
Running blur 0.2.3
We have extended FilteredBlurServer to remove records from the results
based on the data in one of the columns.

What I discovered is that when you ask blur to highlight search results, it
only returns columns that have highlighted data. Therefore our security
filter can't see the acl column and throws away all the records.
- Is this different in blur 0.2.4?
- Is there any way to make blur return all the data but with highlighting
on matching columns?
- Maybe the Row class could have records & highlightedRecords?

Assuming I can get this step working, there will be a second problem. If
the acl column is used in a query with highlighting, it will change the
value of the column and fail security.
Possible solutions...
- add a field to HighlightOptions that can specify fields to not highlight.
- perform highlighting after filtering

I appreciate any help,
Thank You,
Andrew