From Tim Williams <william...@gmail.com>
Subject cluster - tableuri configuration
Date Thu, 23 Apr 2015 19:03:59 GMT
I think the writings on the wall that the future of blur deployments
will be in a managed environment vs the current
self-managed-script-based deployments.  I'm thinking Yarn, Cloudera
Manager, etc.  With some changes to the startup scripts this isn't so
bad but one small challenge is the default table uri which is
currently configured via blur-site.properties.  I'm wondering if
there's a downside to just sticking that in ZK when the cluster first
gets registered (e.g. BlurUtil.setupZookeeper()) ?  That way
controller's of a different cluster (I know they don't really "belong"
to the cluster) need only a ZK connection to front different shard
clusters.

Thoughts?
--tim