From Mark Kerzner <m...@elephantscale.com>
Subject Blur computation colocation?
Date Wed, 31 Dec 2014 22:27:20 GMT
Hi,

To put my question in a context, here is an article about Hadoop/ES
 integration, http://hortonworks.com/partner/elasticsearch/. It talks about
the colocation capability
<http://www.elasticsearch.org/guide/en/elasticsearch/hadoop/current/arch.html>:
ship my code to the ES node, and do a number of look-up on the ES node
locally. However, that is supposedely done only for mapreduce, and one
would have to use ES API for non-mapreduce tasks, such as Storm nodes.

Can local computation be solved with Blur? That is, can I discover where
the shards are, and send my computation to that server?

Thank you,
Mark