From Dibyendu Bhattacharya <dibyendu.bhattach...@gmail.com>
Subject Controller Server not starting in Latest Blur 0.2.4
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2014 09:21:17 GMT
Hi,

I have downloaded latest Blur 0.2.4 today and I found Controller server is
not starting and I can see below log trace..

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/HttpConstraintElement
        at
org.apache.blur.gui.HttpJettyServer.<init>(HttpJettyServer.java:57)
        at
org.apache.blur.thrift.ThriftBlurControllerServer.createServer(ThriftBlurControllerServer.java:218)
        at
org.apache.blur.thrift.ThriftBlurControllerServer.main(ThriftBlurControllerServer.java:96)
javax.servlet.HttpConstraintElement
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
        ... 3 more

This is because the servlet-api jar file is missing in lib folder. I
manually copied the servlet-api jar and then controller is getting started.

You may need to modify the pom file to fix this issue.

Regards,
Dibyendu