From Tim Williams <william...@gmail.com>
Subject reexamining combine
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2014 20:56:05 GMT
Thinking more about the current model, I'm a little concerned the
current abstraction leaks an internal optimization. From the
perspective of a command implementor the server combine is just an
internal optimization?  IOW, from a command perspective, it seems that
we should be concerned about tables and shards and let
'server'-related things be plumbing underneath?

We obviously want to well-define how exactly combine will be called
(ie. for a given shard result, only ever once).   I dunno, it smells a
little funny right now, but then again, I know this method-smithing
can be exhausting, just trying to get a feel for what others think?
Anyone think it's worth going another round on this?

Thanks,
--tim