From Tim Williams <william...@gmail.com>
Subject [DRAFT] Apache Blur Board Report - November 2014
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2014 23:38:58 GMT
Here's a draft of the report to be committed soon - anyone else got input?

Thanks,
--tim

Blur

Blur is a search platform capable of searching massive amounts of data
in a cloud computing environment.

Blur has been incubating since 2012-07-24.

  1. None in terms of Incubator criteria; we are on the verge of a very stable
      version and would like to get that out the door prior to graduation.
  2.
  3.

aware of?

The notarized trademark document referred to in past board reports has
now been signed.

  We continue to be small but active.

We have two main efforts going on over the past quarter: 1) we've made
numerous improvements to stabilize the original platform at really
large scale. 2) we've been refining the ideas around the new major
feature - which will introduce a new abstraction in distributed search
- mentioned in our previous report.

We're pleased to have seen some new folks show up and contribute bug
reports and patches.

Date of last release:

  2014-07-29

When were the last committers or PMC members elected?

  2014-07-28