From Aaron McCurry <amccu...@gmail.com>
Subject Recent Change to Jetty Version
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2014 02:18:05 GMT
So Andrew was nice enough to cleanup all of our pom files and update Jetty
so that the console could make use of a newer version of Jetty for variety
of reasons.  However I believe that Jetty 9.x relies on Java 7, and this
breaks our backwards compatibility with Java 6.

Below is the error that Jenkins is reporting when building with Java 6.

https://builds.apache.org/job/Blur-master-jdk6/org.apache.blur$blur-console/855/testReport/junit/org.apache.blur.console.util/NodeUtilTest/testGetControllerStatus/

I wanted to get some thoughts on this issue how we should handle it now and
going forward how to deal with newer libraries.  Basically when are we
going to cutoff support for Java 6?

Aaron