From Chris Rohr <rohr.ch...@gmail.com>
Subject Potentially serious problem with BlurClient.getClient
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2014 15:00:46 GMT
Recently Andrew and I updated Blur Console to work with the changes
for random ports on controllers and shards.  In doing so we also added
in a BlurCachingClient that caches some calls to Blur for a period of
time so that the console doesn't inundate Blur with requests.  The
caching client has a method called getClient that returns the response
from BlurClient.getClient.

Looking through the code, it seems to us that getClient returns a new
client instance every time it is called.  I'm not sure if/when this
has changed, but I thought that in the past calling getClient over and
over would return the same client on subsequent calls.

The big problem we are seeing is that in a very short period with ~ 5
people using the console, the console can run the system out of file
handles because it is not closing the connections to Blur on the
previous clients that were created.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Chris