From Aaron McCurry <amccu...@gmail.com>
Subject Blur Platform Argument Passing
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2014 13:06:14 GMT
Currently the Blur commands use arguments passed to them via an Object
called Args which is really just a Map that is not typed.  Then it is on
the command implementor to get the arguments they need out of the Args
object and validate that they have what they need.  Currently this works
but I think it has a few drawbacks.

1. Argument checking is done by the implementor.  I feel like the command
architecture should handle the check.

2. The argument checks are likely performed at the shard servers and so an
invalid argument is likely going to produce a lot of exceptions.

3. Understanding what arguments are available, what there names are, what
the type is, etc. is currently done through annotations on the class.  So
it is on the implementor to to keep them up to date.  This feels wrong.

I prepose that we change the argument passing in the commands from the this
Args object to bean properties.  We can annotate the optional parameters,
use javadocs to provide documentation for the arguments, etc.

Thoughts?

Aaron