From Chris Rohr <rohr.ch...@gmail.com>
Subject Blur Metrics
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2014 11:44:29 GMT
Hi all,

I've been looking into migrating the functionality from blur-gui into
the blur console so that maybe we can have 1 place for all insights
into Blur.  The problem I have is that I believe the response I get
back from client.metrics will be the metrics for whichever controller
the client gets a connection from.

In order to get a cluster view or even node by node view, I would need
to create a new client with the individual controller only and then
aggregate.  I'm afraid of two things with this:

1. The performance impact (and speed) of requesting from each
controller the metrics and then aggregating
2. In the new approach of random ports and the client handling the
controller connections behind the scenes, there isn't really a way to
get just a single controller.

I wanted to get thoughts here before I go too far down a rabbit hole.

Thanks,
Chris