From Tim Williams <william...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: blur console and zk
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2014 15:55:51 GMT
On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 11:20 AM, Andrew <andrew.va@gmail.com> wrote:
> Tim,
> While we could get most of the information using the blur thrift api, the
> ZookeeperClusterStatus gives us the blur connection information. (and more)
> We were trying to avoid reading the site file directly.
> When blur switches to random ports, will that only affect the shards or
> will the controllers be random as well?

The controllers will be random as well... I think you'll be able to
get the behavior you want using the changes that are coming to the
BlurClient - essentially there are two new ways of getting an Iface:

public static Iface getClient() // will get its connection information
from ZK based on the configuration.
public static Iface getClient(BlurConfiguration conf) // will use the
ZK connectrion string in the passed conf to get its connection
information.

Won't these obviate the need for using it directly?

Thanks,
--tim