From Tim Williams <william...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: what to do with shardServerList?
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2014 19:28:51 GMT
On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 2:09 PM, Chris Rohr <rohr.chris@gmail.com> wrote:
> The console has a notion of online and offline to show a status to the
> admins so they can be alerted if something goes offline and can take an
> action.

Typically that'd be a role of nagios or somesuch - I wonder if you
could maintain, internally, a list of 'recent' shard servers yourself
to provide some clue that there might be a problem?  In other words
you keep a cache of all the one's that you've seen with a TTL and let
them fall out after some period of time?

--tim